Saturday, November 14, 2009

~ Papaya /Strawberry Smoothie ~

Papaya is a new fruit for me. I have never tried it before. I found it very good mixed with strawberry. I think to make it more sweet adding mango or peach would be a treat. Next time I will add peach to my smoothie... Papaya's were on sale this week at Pete's Frootique so we bought three of them. They were ready to eat right away. I made myself this smoothie and noticed I had an energy boost and a clearer head. I usually drink coffee and was delighted to know I didn't need it to get going. I have been wanting to quit coffee for five years. I will try tomorrow and see if I can get away with the smoothie instead.
Smoothie
2 cups of frozen strawberries
1 papaya blended
1 tsp of agave











**Papaya is great for Digestion **

The papaya is an excellent source of vitamin C, with 82mg per 100g (4oz), and is rich in carotene. After treatment with antibiotics the use of papaya juice will quickly assist the restoration of the normal bacteria in the gut which will have been destroyed by the treatment. Papaya is good for many digestive disorders and is excellent for improving poor digestion. It has also been recommended as part of the treatment for cancer. Therapeutically it can be combined with pineapple juice in which there is another important enzyme, bromelain. The skin of the papaya can be an external treatment for skin wounds and places that do not heal quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment