Wednesday, November 25, 2009

~ Raw Chocolate Carmel Brownie ~

This was my first try at making a raw layered brownies. I found the Carmel way too rich for my taste, but the brownie bottom was delicious. There was this amazing recipe for this kind of brownie on the internet. I wanted to try this recipe to make for my boys and sadly could not find it. I tried to make it myself from what I remembered.


Crust :

1+1/2 cups of almond meal1 cup dates
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup honey
pinch sea salt
1 tsp vanilla


Carmel :

1/2 cup coconut oil1/2 cup raw almond butter
2 T vanilla
1/2 cup maple suryp
1/4 cup coconut milk
pinch of sea salt




I used organic shredded coconut and dark chocolate chips for the top. I had no cacao nibs unfortunately.


I placed the brownies in the freezer for two hours, then they were ready to cut up into squares.

They were very decadent and rich. Next time I will make just the bottom part and top it with only coconut because they were much to rich for my taste.



They turned out beautifully and would definetly make them again.







No comments:

Post a Comment