Monday, November 2, 2009

~ Raw Garden Vegetable Soup ~

Those who have been raw/vegan for a while should be very familiar with raw soups. For the rest, here are a few pointers on healing raw soups. I first began last January with reading Jennifer Corbleet's book, Raw Food Made Easy. In her book she has a wonderful recipe that is well known by the raw food community called, Raw Garden Vegetable Soup. This soup is very similar to ALL raw green soups. I have changed it from her original and created my own.


Tomato is an important part of vegetable soup, but you only need a little amount to enhance the flavour. Too much will make the appearance brownish in colour.


Here are a few ingredients which go into my soup. After a while eating raw, you will learn how to put ingredients together. I am saving my recipes for my book, but here is the recipe I began with which is very dielicious.
.

One thing I have discovered through this recipe of Jennifer's is the basil. I love fresh basil leaves.


Garden Vegetable Soup ( Jennifer Cornbleet's recipe )
1 zucchini
2 celery stalks
1/2 plum tomato
6 large basil leaves
1 cup of spinach
juice of half a lemon
pinch of cayenne
dash os sea salt
Blend then Add ~
1/2 avocado




1 comment: